Pines of Peace is a residence for the terminally ill located in Ontario, NY. We provide a comfortable, alternate living arrangement for families to assist their loved ones who are deemed beyond curative care by their physicians.
Our home is an inter-faith, inter-community ministry that was created to ease the transition of the final journey for residents, their families and their loved ones.
Our cape-cod home located in a residential neighborhood in the town of Ontario, features two bedrooms, a common living room, kitchen and park like gardens for peaceful reflection or to enjoy moments with friends and families. The home’s deck which overlooks the creek is accessible from both bedrooms by hospital bed or wheelchair.
We welcome those with a physician’s directive indicating an individual is in the last three months of life. Residents and family members actively participate in the decision making process to insure maximum comfort during their stay. Pets are welcome as they play a vital role in comfort to our residents.
Our staff of nurses and aides is assisted by trained volunteers who lovingly provide care to the resident and their loved ones. Our volunteers also perform a multitude of tasks such as tending to our gardens, home maintenance, organizing fund raisers, providing meals and quietly sitting with the resident and their loved ones offering comfort and care to those that are in need.
Pines of Peace is a privately incorporated, not-for-profit organization. Our facility is supported by the local community through donations, grants, bequests and memorials. We thank the donors who have supported us for 20 years and appreciate their ongoing support of our mission.
If you are in need, we hope that you will consider us for yourself or your loved one.
- November 10 @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
- * K Cups Coffee – both regular and decaf (*Not ground coffee)
- Broth (beef, chicken, vegetable)
- Canned Vegetables
- Canned Fruit
- Dried Split Peas
- Powdered Beef Bouillon
- Dry Lentils
- Long Grain Rice
- Tiny Macaroni
- Flaked Coconut
- Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Chopped Walnuts
- Large Bags of Individually Wrapped Candies (especially chocolate)
- Individually Packaged Snacks (variety packs of chips, crackers, etc.)
- Gift Cards (Staples, BJs, Wegmans or Tops)
- Cardstock (white)
- * Papertowels
- * Tissues
- * Disinfectant Wipes (NON Bleach)
- * Large Mouth Quart Canning Jars
- * Liquid Dishwasher Detergent
- * Liquid Laundry Detergent (unscented HE only)
- * Fabric Sheets (unscented)
- Spray Stain Remover (Shout, Resolve)
- Rinse Agent For Dishwasher (Jet Dry)
- Tall Kitchen and Small Wastebasket Trash Bags
- Ziploc Bags (gallon and quart)
- Large and Small Lids and Screw on Bands
- Lysol Disinfectant Spray
- * Baby wipes
- * $$ For Utilities
- Body Wash
- Bar Soap
- Mouth Wash
* Indicates a Priority
Board of Directors
Board Vice President
DR. JAMES WOOD
Our dedicated volunteers have
made a difference every day for
the past 20 years tending to our
residents, families and our home.
Please consider joining our team
and make a difference today!
YOUR DONATION MATTERS
Pines of Peace appreciates the financial support, as well as goods and services, donated to support our mission. Through the donations from individuals, community organizations, and bequests we have been able to maintain our level of comfort and care for 20 years.